During two of the seasons in the Church's liturgical calendar, Advent and Lent, the Church meets as a community to share in Fellowship.
Advent consists of the four weeks proceeding Christmas, when the Church as a body awaits the birth of Christ. Typical programs include:
- Pluck-A-Turkey - Pluck a feather from the turkey in the Narthex and help a family have a better Christmas. Each feather contains a gift to be distributed by the Department of Human Services, Newington, Connecticut.
- The Giving Tree - Select a candy cane off the Giving Tree, and help someone who needs assistance. Each contains a suggested gift for Covenant to Care, the Friendship Center, or the Institute of Living.
- Trim-a-Tree Party - An annual Christmas party, during which we decorate a tree in Fellowship hall and gather for fellowship and to sing Christmas carols.
- Christmas Concert - Our Choirs and other musicians provide an annual Christmas concert that has a region wide reputation.
- Living Crèche - During the Seasons of Advent, crèches (also called nativity scenes) is displayed to remind us and others of the story of Jesus' birth. A Living Crèche is a nativity scene with live characters, dressed in costume and standing in tableau. Each year, Church of Christ, Congregational hosts a Living Crèche on the lawn of the church, complete with live animals.
Click here to view the calendar for specific times and dates.