On Saturday, April 24, 2021, the 150th Anniversary Committee will present a History Walk/Drive featuring seven properties with historical significance, all near the town center. Hours are 12pm-4pm. Rain Date: Sunday April 25, 2021.
1. Kellogg-Eddy House and Museum
2. Lucy Robbins Welles Library
3. Mill Pond Falls
4. Original Firehouse Number 1
5. Church of Christ, Congregational – Nancy Crawford, Jonathan Tinkham, and Jim Mulrooney, wearing period costumes, will represent 18th and 19th century figures from the congregation’s long history. The congregation will celebrate their 300th anniversary in 2022.
6. 944 Main Street, a stately home facing the town green
7. 646 Main Street – a lovely Victorian Italianate house
The event has been designed to be COVID aware, outdoors or in buildings open to the outdoors (Firehouse and Kellogg-Eddy Barn). Historical Presenters will be ten feet away from participants. Social distancing will be enforced, and masks must be worn. Participants may walk the entire route. Those who wish to park and walk should park in town lots – Constitution Square, the Senior and Disabled Center (120 Cedar Street), and the Lucy Robbins Welles Library (100 Garfield Street). The properties may be visited in any order.